Monday, December 13, 2010

Address: Various Choir Recitals

Dear All,
This is my last ditch attempt at catching up on correspondence. Since I have been studying here, I've had the pleasure of being part of University choir. It's been a lot of fun and has provided me with opportunities to visit great places. Case in point: Gloucester Cathedral. The beginnings of this beautiful church began as far back as 900 a.d. Not only was it a pleasure to sing in such an ancient setting, but it was incredibly gorgeous too. We sang there for two of the graduation ceremonies (which are held in November even though seniors are finished in June). We were also able to tour around Gloucester and this allowed me to see part of the original Roman wall that used to circle the city, as well as visit the tea shop that inspired Beatrix Potter to write the beloved classic stories of Peter Rabbit.

Choir in the States is not quite the same...
-Amanda

PS. We were also able to sing at the Cheltenham Race course, FCH chapel, and a lovely church in Stanton (a cotswolds village). I don't have pictures from these places, but just getting to be there was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment